Ahh~ just when I thought life was going to lighten up a bit (since AX is over, btw, I’ll post photos ASAP) so that I could get some things done… I took a peek at my calendar and saw that I am far from having free time!!
I’m going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next couple of months. Just to update you, I’ll be going to Comic Con in San Diego, then Mexico, Las Vegas, New York, Florida, and finally San Francisco. This probably means that my blog posts will probably be less often and not as routine. Lol, and I’ll probably have to buy a new laptop to carry around!
But with all that said…
Here’s a quick and easy DIY that you can do to spice up an old pair of shoes.
I bought these gold studs about a year ago from ebay for probably less than $5. Also, I’ve had these Aldo shoes for almost a year and only worn them once because its just not my style.
After making a few holes and adding a few studs, it feels like I have new shoes! *TA-DA*
So what you need to get started:
1. Shoes: Any old (or new) shoes without the shoe laces
2. Hole puncher: I used a leather hole puncher for belts, which is all that I was able to get my hands on
3. Studs: You can use any kind you prefer. I chose the ones that screw on.
- First plan where you want to make each hole and mark it.
- Then punch a hole over each marked spot.
- Once you have a hole, you can put your stud backing through and twist on the stud.
- And… presto! You’re done!
Here’s my end product, showing you the outer side, inner side, and back.
What do you think??
Next post: Anime Expo 2013
8 Replies to “DIY Gold Spike Studded Shoes”
nice! super cool^^
UNFFF YES! Great DIY job 😀
Thanks! Glad you like 🙂
Just curious! but did you choose the winner yet? And i actually really like this DIY. (:
Ahh yes sorry. Winner has been chosen. I responded through the blog post comment and sent an email to the winner 🙂 but there will be a last birchbox giveaway this month! And probably a big giveaway in august!
this is soo cool ^_^ thanks for sharing!! 😀
thanks for commenting! 🙂