It feels like it’s been many many months now since I’ve purchased the Kate Eyeliner (~$12) from Ebay. This has got to be one of the worst purchases that I have ever made. To tell you the truth, I bought this because I saw Xiaxue tweet about it on Instagram! She didn’t seem to know what was the point of the product either. But I decided to buy it and find out for myself.
Here is the product that I received in the mail. It comes in two different colors, brown or black. I got black because who uses brown eyeliner? Ok I take that back, sometimes I use brown, but black seems like the obvious choice for this specific product.
The point of this product is to fill in the spaces between your eyelashes and to make your eyelashes look fuller.
THATS SUCH A STUPID REASON TO EXIST!
The only time you would ever need to do this is:
- If you put eyeliner on the inner part of your eyes AND on the upper part of your eyes creating this awkward gap where you can see the skin between your eyelashes.
- If you want naturally looking fuller eyelashes.
- If you have nothing better to do with your time.
Reasons why this product sucks:
- The tip that you use on your eye is super stiff.
- The tip has a texture on it that feels rough on your eyes.
- It really is an unnecessary product, you can just use a regular liquid eyeliner to do the same thing
- It bleeds into the tiny lines of your skin, wtf!
- Not as black as I would want it to be.
Now let me tell you why I bought this product. I bought this product originally thinking that it was meant for drawing fake lower eyelashes. For some reason, I thought that it would be very nice to be able to draw 3 perfectly spaced lines to create the illusion of fake bottom lashes. This is actually something that I used to do with normal eyeliner when I was in high school!
As you can see in the photo above.. I have used the Kate eyeliner to fill in the gaps between my upper lashes, and it works.. But really it’s dumb to buy the Kate eyeliner for this purpose alone. I did think that the bottom lashes came out okay.. But then again, it does bleed a tiny bit and that bothers me. I’d much rather stick to using a regular liquid eyeliner.
Kate Eyeliner Rating: ★☆☆☆☆
- I think one star for this product is very very fair, it’s horrible
- The price is cheap if the product was only worth keeping around
- The eyeliner ink is not the blackest black and it bleeds a bit
- It’s pretty smudge proof
- The tip is hard, not flexible, and rough – basically everything possibly bad for your eyes
- Useless product, the end, I don’t even know why I’m reviewing this!