Yesterday was actually my blogs 2nd year anniversary! It’s crazy to see how far my blog has come since I first started. The quality of my posts and images have come a long way, and I’ve learned to develop better blog writing habits. Also, as some of you should know, I started making a few videos this year too. Subscribe to my YouTube channel XliciousGirl!
For today’s review, I will be sharing with you Amore Pacific’s Color Control Cushion Compact CC Cream, that I bought from Sephora for about ~$60. Watch my review below!!
If you don’t want to watch the entire video, here is a guide for you to skip around as you please:
- 0:50 Review Begins
- 3:50 Applying the CC Cream to my face
- 4:36 Product Pros
- 5:30 Product Cons
- 6:21 Dance with me to Depeche Mode
- 6:35 Giveaway Details
Don’t want to watch my video at all?
Well fine then, jerk! Haha (you know I’m jk), read on.
Here’s the box that it came in. Like most Amore Pacific products, you need to slide the box out to open it. If you are unfamiliar with Amore Pacific, they are a Korea-based company that creates products for beauty and skincare.
The Color Control Cushion Compact comes in 4 different shades: Tan Blush, Almond Blush, Tan Gold, and Amber Gold
Honestly, I can barely tell the difference in the shades since they are really close to each other. The shades seem pretty limited to medium to fair skin tones. But if you have darker skin, you might be able to get away with Amber Gold as the compact has medium coverage without making it look like you painted your skin with a layer of paint.
Inside of the box, you get the compact and an additional refill.
This means that you are basically getting two for the price of one. Each refill lasts roughly 1-2 months.
The design of this compact is unique to your typical compact. Instead of placing the application pad directly onto the makeup product, there is a divider that you must flip open.
The application pad has a thin silky strap that you can slip 2-3 fingers into to help use the pad to apply the makeup. On the blue side used to absorb the formula, it is made with a tight microfiber material to help make sure you get a flawless and luminous complexion.
Taking a closer look at the makeup inside of the compact, you can see that this is very different from anything you’ve ever seen before. Instead of any cream or powder, this is a sponge! Contained within the sponge is all of the CC formula, hence the name “Color Control Cushion Compact.”
To apply this product, you press the applicator pad into the moistened sponge and pat the pad onto your face. You should use this in the morning after your basic skin care routine, and can reapply whenever you desire.
It is recommended that you use the applicator pad since you are supposed to feel a cooling sensation. Also, it provides you with hygienic use.
Refilling the compact is simple. All you need to do is pop out the used refill and insert the new one. It fits in perfectly like a puzzle piece! The refill comes with a new applicator pad too, so you can throw the old one out (thank God!).
About Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact:
- Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
- Deep & Instant Hydration
- Complete Coverage
- Superior Antioxidant
- Green Tea brightens skin & prevents irritation
- Cool and soothes skin for a refreshing feeling
- Fills into micro lines and color builds evenly for flawless finish
- Without Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates
- Not tested on animals
Check out my before and afters!
Notice that on my cheek, the redness has been eliminated and there is an overall even skin tone. The coverage is medium, but super flawless. There is some dryness on my cheeks, but it is not visible after the application of the product since it is super hydrating.
My pores on my nose have been drastically eliminated. The dark spots have been hidden away and my nose looks so much better! And best of all, it looks very natural. Can you even see the makeup at all? No, you can’t.
Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact CC Cream Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- Coverage is easily medium, but difficult to build up if you want full coverage. I recommend using a spot concealer if you want extra coverage.
- Covers pores, discolored skin, and redness. Not moles or any spots that are very dark.
- Doesn’t cause break outs. Feels like a healthier alternative to the traditional liquid or powder foundations.
- Feels like you aren’t wearing any make up.
- Looks completely natural as if it was your real skin.
- Won’t make your skin look flakey if its dry. Really hydrates your skin!
- Doesn’t make your face look oily, but instead gives a luminous dewy look, making your skin look healthy.
- Long lasting coverage, it’s sweat proof!
- Easy to use and each refill lasts 1-2 months depending on how often you apply.
- Price may be a little steep, but I think this product is excellent and well worth the cost.
- Would repurchase and recommend to friends.
Important note about this product: A little goes a long way! Don’t over apply this product like I did when using my first refill. What you need to know is that the foundation is very thin and light. You don’t need to try to get so much onto your applicator pad. Apply a little at a time and layer it on, or else if you apply to much on your face it will make it feel slimy and look shinny. If thats the result you got, you are doing it wrong!