Sorry I didn’t get to post over the weekend! I’ve been very very busy, especially over the last two weekends, but I am happy to say that I am now open water scuba diving certified (thats one new years resolution crossed off my list)!! I’ll do a post on this later. I’m also planning on getting a tattoo later today, but I guess you will just have to wait and see!
I have so many exciting events coming up too and I can’t wait to share it all with you in future blog posts… Metal Alliance 2013, WonderCon, and I’m going to Hawaii!!! Plus, I will be getting my eyeliner tattooed the beginning of next month. Too much excitement!
But now onto the mascara review…
Not too long ago, I purchased Majolica Majorca’s new 2013 Lash Expander Edge Master mascara from Ebay for about ~$20 shipped.
I don’t really know of any other places to buy Majolica Majorca products online, so I usually get mine from Ebay.com. Although the new mascara was released some time in January 2013, it didn’t become available on Ebay until about a month ago.
The mascara packaging and design looks pretty similar to their other mascaras. Always very nicely done with beautiful gold foil designs.
The top of their mascara always has their emblem, so nice~
The mascara wand features a double sided comb and the mascara is the darkest black you can get.
The consistency of the mascara’s forumla is similar to the other majolica majorca mascaras, in the sense that they are very smooth, extremely black, slightly oily feel, and shiny. This particular mascara has fibers in it, which I think is a little weird to have with a comb wand design.. I think this product would be a lot better without the added fibers.
This mascara is also waterproof and highly makeup remover proof. It is very difficult to take off, even harder to take off than the older majolica majorca mascaras. But on the plus side, it does not flake or smear.
Shown below is a close up of the mascara wand’s comb design. The top comb that is curved is meant to be used for your upper eyelashes. The bottom comb that is straight and smaller is meant to be used for your lower eyelashes.
Here’s a before look of my eyelashes.
Please excuse my circle lens less eyes. It seems that I’ve been doing this a bit too often on my blog now that my eye doctor has told me to start wearing glasses everyday since circle lens have damaged my eyes!
My eyes feel so small and ugly
And now the after with the mascara!
This is just using a few coats too. If I really wanted to, I could have gone all crazy and made it ultra black and thick.
Anyways, I’ve always been a huge fan of majolica majorca’s mascara ever since my pledge sister brought one back for me from Singapore! I think it’s great and it also does a great job with my lower eyelashes as well.
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Master Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
- I’m slightly torn between giving this mascara 5 stars, or 4 stars. To be honestly, I would give it 4.5 stars.
- If I could change anything about this product, I would say that they should just get rid of the fibers in it, because it is useless and a great product without.
- I love the idea of having a double sided comb, one for your upper lashes and one for your lower lashes.
- I prefer having a comb wand as opposed to the traditional spiral brush because the comb allows you to coat your lower eyelashes much more easily.
- The formula of the mascara is super black, smooth, and shiny.
- Doesn’t clump and the formula is light weight so it doesn’t weigh down your lashes.
- Lasts all day long without flaking or smearing.
- Ultra waterproof, so hard to take off that your best eye makeup remover can’t do it either.
- Slightly hard to find, but if you can, I highly recommend it!