It’s been over a week since I’ve last made a post on my blog. I must admit, I have been a tiny bit lazy, but also.. lots of things have happened very recently! And I’m talking about BIG things.
Just to keep you all in the loop a bit (until I can publish a Hawaii post), here’s whats up with my life.
- Returned from my lovely week vacation in Hawaii last Sunday 4/21
- I put in my 2-week notice to quit my ad agency job as a designer
- Been hanging out with friends every single day that I’ve been back from Hawaii (you’ll find out why later)
- My dad blacked out and collapsed again on 4/26 (this worries me a lot since he’s 80!)
- Trying to catch up on a bunch of freelance work that was postponed because of Hawaii
Those are just some of the things that have been keeping me away from blogging. To be honest, I haven’t even started editing any of the Hawaii photos. I have so many to edit! All I’ve done was sort them into folders, lol.
Oh well. Anyways, I guess the biggest news is that I’m quitting my full time job. I think most people think I am crazy for doing this… But I like to be a risk taker.
Quitting a full time salary job makes me feel nervous, scared, and a little worried. I know lots of people who don’t even have a job, or let alone their dream job. I was lucky enough to have both of those. *sigh* Time for me to say good-bye to security, benefits, health insurance, and my pride in being an employed professional.
So why am I throwing it all away? It’s quite simple.
- I want to be a risk taker and do what I won’t be able to do in the future if I had kids
- I want to be able to see how I survive without the security of knowing that I’ll get a paycheck automatically deposited into my bank account every two weeks
- I want to be able to devote more time to my blog
- I want to travel while I’m young
- I want to struggle a little
- I want to simply live life
This marks a new chapter in my life.
Have you ever taken a life changing risk? If so, what? Also, what things would you like to see me do while I am unemployed? Haha, and lastly, do you think I should start making youtube videos?
Thanks for reading