Today I’m going to review *ETUDE HOUSE Nymph Aura Volumer*
Ughhh~ I can’t get over how effing cute the box design is!!! I just want to take the colors and paint my whole life with it, lol. I’m sorry I don’t have more photos of the outside of the box since I didn’t think it was that important, but now after looking at my one photo of the box below… it doesn’t do it justice!
// btw, don’t stare at the yellow background in my photos too much, it will give you a headache like I’m getting right now, wtf DIE //
Oh well, you shouldn’t be buying products based off of the box design, right? LOL~ So let me refocus my attention to the product, since that’s what counts!
This product was sponsored to me by Cosmetic-Love Korean Beauty Shop. Unfortunately, it seems to be out of stock almost everywhere on the internet!!
The Nymph Aura Volumer comes in a 0.88oz container and has 3 different shades:
- #1 Pure Nymph Aura (I got this one)
- #2 Brilliant Nymph Aura
- #3 Transparent Nymph Aura
Now what does this do you ask?? Well let me type word for word what it says on the side of the box.
Makeup Multi-Cream maximizing the radiance and dewy glow on skin, completing flawless skin with plumped up moisturizer.
Do you get what it does? Haha, yeaaa probably not.
Something with glow and moisturizer ya-da ya-da.
Ok, let me tell you what I personally think that this does:
- Moisturizes and hides dry flakey skin
- Makes foundation last longer and stick
- Face looks milky, creamy, smooth — like a babies bottom, lol!
A big plus for the design of this product is that it has a built in pump (can I get a high-five?). I hate when you have to squeeze product out. The size of the Nymph Aura Volumer is also TSA friendly for all of you frequent fliers!
Here’s what the stuff looks like once you squeeze it out (pictured below on the left side). It’s this sort of gel-like peach colored substance. The smell of it is very light, clean, and a little sweet. The consistency is decently thick and sticky, like what certain lip glosses feel like.
Once it has been worked into the skin, it gets absorbed and leaves a nice smooth finish (pictured below on the right side). But careful, if you don’t throughly spread it, you may end up with a semi-sticky glow that may be unpleasant to some.
One of the product claims is that you can use it has a highlighter:
When used for highlighting, apply on the nose, forehead, and cheekbones with the Volumer alone.
Below is a photo of me testing the highlighting capabilities of this product. I would rate the highlighting about 1/10. It sucks!
Why it doesn’t work as a highlighter:
- In the photo below, I am wearing my Dior Forever foundation only. I attempted to follow the directions and applied the Volumer alone to the areas marked on my “highlight map.” But can you even see the results of highlighting at all? No, you can’t, and if you say you can, you’re lying to yourself.
- Another reason why this doesn’t work well as a highlighter is that it’s too sticky. When I try to highlight with it, the Volumer actually begins lifting my pre-applied foundation and smudges it around. That’s no bueno!
If you really really care to use this as a highlighter, I recommend mixing the Volumer with a white or light colored pearl based eye shadow so that the highlighting is actually visible. Don’t bother using it alone like the box says!
So now we know that the Nymph Aura Volumer is not good for highlighting. Good news is that highlighting was not the main purpose of this product (thank God).
Apply evenly on skin with 1:3 mix of BB cream or foundation. Use foundation brush or BB brush to get perfect blending.
Once again, the foundation that I’m using to mix with the Volumer is Dior Forever. I followed the instructions and mixed the two on my hand with my foundation brush, but as you can see, it didn’t leave much of the mix left to put onto my face! All of it ended up in my brush (and probably not throughly mixed either). I recommend using a stick of some sort (lol, toothpick? idk) instead of a brush if you can. If not, I guess it’s really no big deal.
Alright, now here’s a comparison of my face with foundation only V.S. foundation + Nymph Aura Volumer.
Can you see the difference?
I don’t think so.. Good thing I created another image with close ups on my skin.
Can you see the difference now??
I actually can! The right side looks a lot smoother, softer, and sorta glows. Wow, so this product does work!!
I must say, I’m typically very skeptical of these types of products as you normally can’t see much of a visible result. Usually I feel like it’s “all in your head” kinda thing. But with the Nymph Aura Volumer, I can actually see the difference in my skin. Sure it may not work well as a highlighter, but it really does make a difference in my skin texture.
Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer (#1 Pure) Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
- The price is fair (less than $20 I think)
- Hard to find online, seems like it’s sold out
- Hasn’t caused break outs
- Better for dry or normal skin types
- My foundation stays all day when I mix it with the Volumer
- It has a thick, gel-like, sticky consistency
- Scent is light and sweet
- Moisturizes the skin very well, hides dry patches, seems weather resistant
- Wrinkles and fine lines seem less visible
- Skin looks healthier, natural, and glows
- I suggest using a setting powder after applying the 1:3 ratio, or else your skin may feel a little sticky
- Do not use this for highlighting
- I highly recommend this product
Please check out Cosmetic Love Korean Beauty Shop
for more Etude House products!
Thanks for reading!
2 Replies to “Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer (#1 Pure) Review”
Love this post! Mind checking out my blog and following me via GFC & Bloglovin’? A leave me a comment so I can follow back!
Blog ☮ http://thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com/
Bloglovin ☮ http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/12346821
Latest Post ☮http://thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-theme-goals.html
hi~ i’ll have a look at your blog. thanks for stopping by! sorry i missed your comment and took so long to reply…